Wednesday, October 03, 2007

First tooth and croup all in one weekend!

Hannah was busy last weekend! I had been checking her every night to see if her tooth had popped through. Well, Friday night I finally felt part of it that had pushed through the gum! I knew it was time b/c she's been biting on anything she can get to her mouth. She had a good day Saturday, we all went to Everybody's Day and walked around for a few hours. Adam was worn out, but he had a good time too. He rode the usual rides, and a new one this year!

Sunday morning Nathan went to give her her pacci, and came back to tell me that she "didn't sound good". So I went to listen and she sounded like a baby seal barking! She wasn't running a fever, but had a pitiful cough. The peds office didn't open until after lunch, so I kept her home from church, and took her on in once they opened. The dr. said that her chest was clear and her ears looked good. Now we've just been running the humidifier and making sure she doesn't get worse. Her cough isn't as "croupy" now, but it still sounds awful, and she gets aggrivated with it. We may take another trip in to the peds office Friday if she is not sounding any better than she is today.

It's hard to believe that it's already October! I'm so glad that it's Fall, and the 90 some degree heat will soon be leaving for a good while.

Adam has been so super sweet and loving lately. Every stage is so completely different than the last in both good and "challenging" ways. However I am loving how his personality and emotions are changing and growing. I truly feel that he comprehended or at least understood about his Great Grandpa. Every once in a while, when we're praying at night, he will tell me that Grandpa is with Jesus, but his body is asleep. I will tell him "yes, you're right", and that "Grandpa isn't hurting anymore and is very, very happy now." Then he says "Yes, and we'll see him again later on." He is just my dollbaby. He will walk up to me out of the blue and hug me & say "I love you Mommy, more than all the world." That's what it's all for and what it's all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home