The Backyard Shindig in Ohio this past weekend
Last Thursday night I made my first big "venture" on my own! I left that evening heading to Greer, SC. Melanie, Jadon and I stayed in a hotel that night so we wouldn't totally crowd Heather's house w/ guests! Early the next morning we all met up at Heather's house, got her van loaded up with kids and luggage and set off for Cincinnati, Ohio! We traveled through: SC, NC, Tennessee, Kentucky and at last Ohio! I thought gas was cheap in SC! It was 2.07 @ Heather's house. We get into Cincinnati, and I see signs for 1.93/gallon!!! I sure hope those prices make it down to NC very soon!!!! After finally fighting the traffic jam and making it to our hotel room, we hurry to get ready for our big 80's party, and head over to Jen S's house. We had a great time during supper and afterward meeting everyone and getting to know each other. Saturday morning we head back to her house for breakfast. Around lunchtime we head out for an afternoon of shopping, and eating. Once we wrapped that up, we headed back to Jen's house for supper and games. Sunday morning those ladies that were still left met us at our hotel for breakfast before we all had to split up and head back home. It was truly wonderful getting to meet all the girls and their children. I missed Adam more than anyone could imagine, but it was nice being able to have some girl bonding time and get to know the ladies that have shared so much with me during these last 3 years in HP. It's such a wonderful camaraderie and fellowship, I don't know what I'd do without it!
The "crazed" Macaw that was in the hotel lobby where we stayed, in Sharonville, Ohio.
This picture was taken right before we left Sunday to head home. From l to r: Maren, Heather, Avery, Hope, Cai, Nikki, Jadon, Jen S., Amy, Melanie
We went shopping Saturday in Lebanon, Ohio. This was taken outside one of the shops: l to r: Nikki, Christina, Heather, Maren, Amy, Melanie. We all had our "princess" tiaras on!!
This picture was taken Saturday night during Trivial Pursuit, "80's edition". The back row is: Heather and Kelly (smelly), The middle row is Amy and Hope, front row is: Kelly (kelbelle), Jen (teacherJen), and in the middle on the front is Jen S.
2 Comments:
Well girl it sounds like you guys had a ball.... You lok great!!!!!! Pregnacny really agrees with you. Hope that we can get together for lunch son. Miss you and Love you bunches!
Jenn
Hey Amy that must have been neat to meet all the girls! You do look good! I agree with you I hope gas drops here soon, under $2.00 would be wonderful!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home