Wednesday, August 30, 2006

9 week checkup

I had my appointment with Dr. Wein this morning, and everything went great! He did another u/s and I got to see little Jacob or Hannah moving his or her arm around!!! The heartbeat looked great and our baby is measuring right on target. He is saying the due date is April 2nd.


He talked to me today about more in depth screening due to my turning 35 before delivery. I told him I didn't want to do an amnio unless it was an absolute necessity. So instead I will go see Duke Perinatal Consultants of Greensboro the 14th of September. They will perform 1st trimester screening, which will include bloodwork, an u/s on the back of the babys head (mainly looking at the space in between the area in the neck and the thickness of the bones in the neck/back of the head area. They will also offer genetic counseling from what I was told today. After that I will go back to Dr. Wein 2 weeks later for another OB checkup on the 28th. So things are moving right along, and our baby is doing great!!

5 Comments:

At 2:25 PM , Blogger andrea said...

amy

thank you so much for updating your blog!!

i love reading about your sweet hannah:):)
i am glad everything looks great!!
cant wait to see you in a few weeks!!

love ya girl!

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger Hailey said...

Amy, I just love the baby pic... You will like the staff at Duke Perinatal.. that is where my doctor sent me when they thought that Hailey had Down's... they should do the 3d u/s- those are the best pics of your baby while in the bell.
I am so glad to hear that you and the baby are doing great
Hailey sends her love... and give Adam a hug and kis..
Love you
Jennifer

 
At 3:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm a day late, for some reason I was thinking your appointment was today. I got on here to see how it went this morning and it was yesterday! :0( OOPs!

Glad to hear and see things are going so well! It's amazing to see the ultrasound pictures. Don't worry about 35...it's just a number!...everything will be fine! Take care and keep growing Hannah!
Love ya!!
Beth

 
At 8:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything is going great! Please stay safe with the hurricane/storms down that way!

 
At 10:17 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Aww I love the ultrasound picture, little baby Shuler is growing right along. I can't wait to find out if it will be a little Jacob or a little Hannah! I love the names. Congratulations on your 5th anniversary by the way! Please keep us updated!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home